I’m super anxious for cooler weather & Harper has so many cute new pieces for fall including this pink faux fur skirt by Taylor Joelle!
A peek at some of my favorite summer styles from livieandluca.com. Livie & Luca makes handmade shoes of superior comfort and durability, and I just love their modern designs and vibrant colors.
Not yet familiar with Le Lait Baby? Made of only the softest organic cotton, their Spring/Summer 2015 collection does not disappoint. The collection is called MILK, and the designs are a really cool/modern yet sweet take on MILK. All pieces in the collection are gender neutral and I love the fact that you can mix n’ match tops and bottoms. As far as the one piece rompers go, I would pick the Milk Words Sleep and Play as my personal favorite.
A bit more about the brand…
Le Lait was started by two friends that first met in the sixth grade. After having children of their own they found that there was a lack of stylish, gender neutral clothing in the marketplace. Le Lait was soon born to help both little boys and little girls look great and stay comfortable in only the softest organic cotton.
Hi, Irene from designstiles again.
Never one to pass up a good deal or inform others about a sweet savings, so wanted to share with you the half yearly sale going on at Nordstrom. I feel like kids are always in need of new clothes, I mean adults too, but kids just grow out of theirs so fast.
Here are some of my sale item picks for boys and girls. And if you have the time, I’m sure there is something there for us moms too. Or dads since Father’s Day is right around the corner.
Happy Wednesday and get shopping. Oh and did I mention free returns and shipping now through May 31st.
The gorgeous Feather Drum SS ’15 collection is now available at SpearmintLOVE.com
About the collection…
I’m certain I say this every year, but I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas.
I wish I could say I’m done with all my holiday shopping, but I pretty much just started two days ago.
If you’re less of a procrastinator, you may just be waiting for that day to arrive and are only now deciding what to wear.
Irene from designstiles today sharing some holiday wear for boys and girls.
Time to get festive.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Heard of Belly Armor? They make a beautiful collection of apparel & accessories that shield everyday radiation with 99.9% effectiveness.
Belly Armor products are made with RadiaShield® Fabric, a highly conductive silver textile with the same shielding properties as a 1/4-inch thick sheet of aluminum. It shields by neutralizing incoming electromagnetic waves, canceling out the ambient radiation and reducing your exposure.
Belly Armor makes a beautiful collection of products including belly bands, maternity tops, nursing covers, men’s boxer briefs, baby monitors, and blankets. The blankets are perfect for laptop users! In fact I just got one for my 5 year old daughter. She uses a laptop to do her homework about once/week and I love that she is protected!
What are the health risks during pregnancy?
Today, the evidence remains mixed. Radiation has long been cited as a health risk to young children and developing fetuses, but scientific experts still debate the nature and extent of that risk. Because the dangers caused by radiation can take years to show their effects in young children, the risks during pregnancy from radiation are difficult to pinpoint and represent increased probabilities of health impacts developing over time.
However, many health experts and governments recommend applying the “precautionary principle” towards these risks until we know more. Parallels have been drawn to other toxins such as tobacco and asbestos, which took decades for policy and awareness to catch up with emerging scientific evidence. Most scientists agree that more studies must take place with large populations over extended periods of time, but funding for such studies has been limited.
5 Easy Tips to Protect Yourself from Everyday Radiation
1. DISTANCE – Keep your cell phone, computer and other electronics from being in direct contact with your body. (Read the fine print that comes with your cell phone – most manufacturers direct you to always keep 1/2 – 1-inch between yourself and your phone.) You can do this by:
Using earphones and speaker phones (but be sure to keep the phone away from your pregnant belly as well).
Don’t place laptops or tablet computers directly on your body, especially your pregnant belly – and if you must, then use a pillow between the device and your body.
Don’t carry your cell phone right next to your body – carry it in your bag instead. If you don’t have a bag and must put it in your pocket, face the front to your body so the radiation is directed away from you or turn it to airplane mode.
Text instead of calling, but be sure to keep your phone away from your pregnant belly.
Don’t sleep with your phone under your pillow or close to you on the night stand.
2. AIRPLANE MODE – Turning your device to airplane mode turns off the cellular and wireless signals. If your child must use a cell phone or tablet computer, switch it to airplane mode. Any time you don’t need your device to be on (especially if you are carrying it next to your body), turn it to airplane mode (this will also save battery life).
3. LIMIT TIME – When possible, limit your time using your cell phone and other devices. Use a corded landline for long calls.
4. BUY SMART – Not all cell phones are created equal. The radiation emitted varies significantly between them. Cell phone manufacturers are required by law to list a measure known as the SAR (specific absorption rate) of the phone, which is a measure of the radiation absorbed by the user. CNET, Environmental Working Group, and others keep up-to-date compilations of the best and worst phones for radiation emission and can be found by searching for “cell phone SAR ratings”. However, regardless of the SAR, avoid using cell phones directly next to the body.
5. SHIELDING – Shielding is a safe and convenient way to reduce radiation exposure while you are using radiation emitting devices, as well as helping to reduce ambient radiation from cell phone towers and wireless networks. Reducing this exposure is especially important during times of high risk – pregnancy, early childhood, and even while trying to conceive.
Last week while in Las Vegas for the ABC Kids Show I attended a fabulous dinner party hosted by
pediped®. It was really fun seeing the pediped® team in their hometown of Las Vegas. (see a few pics below)
Head on over to my Instagram: @spearmintbaby & enter to win a $75 GC to pediped® today!
The pediped® Story
pediped® footwear was founded in 2005 by Angela and Brian Edgeworth. After their first daughter Caroline was born, Angela started to do a lot of thinking about footwear and the kind of shoes that would be best for her child. She wanted a shoe that was comfortable and stylish and that could be worn both indoors and out. Most importantly, she wanted a shoe that was healthy for her daughter’s feet.
After doing a lot of research, Angela discovered that doctors recommended barefoot walking or soft leather sole shoes, but the choices for infants and toddlers were limited.That is when Angela and her husband Brian decided to create the perfect shoe, which would be the “next best thing to bare feet”.
pediped® has become one of the fastest growing children’s footwear brands in the U.S. and offers more than 120 designs spanning EU sizes 17-36. pediped’s three footwear lines include Originals® (soft soled shoes for children ages birth to 2), Grip ‘n’ Go™ (soft rubber soled shoes for children 9 months to three years) and Flex® (rubber soled shoes for children 1-8 years). pediped® is sold all around the world.
Have you checked out GapKids for Back to School? This fall they have everything you need to create a perfectly stylish & comfortable school wardrobe for your favorite littles! By just picking out a few basic yet versatile pieces you can create several stylish looks.
Harper and I had our eye on DENIM this fall. LOTS of denim to mix n’ match and layer with pops of color. If I had to pick just one piece it would be the 1969 denim utility shirt. But check out more of our favorites from the collection below:
GET THE LOOKS:
1. 1969 denim utility shirt
2. Cat Ears Headband
3. Junior nylon backpack in olive moss
4. Indigo dip-dye tank
5. Favorite printed crew tee
6. Junk Food™ Snoopy graphic tee
7. Ruffle chambray skirt
8. Chambray Polka Dot Sneakers
Marl cropped sweats, sugar coral
10. Embellished Graphic Cat Tee
11. Shrunken Dip Dye Sweatshirt
12. 1969 boy fit jeans, Canvas
13. 1969 patch boy fit jeans, medium wash
In addition to shopping at GapKids this fall, go check out their The Class of 2014 Contest!
Also, be sure to check out Gap’s shoppable video at Gap.com
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by GapKids through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about GapKids, all opinions are my own.
We keep discovering fabulous new children’s shops via INSTAGRAM. It is all kinds of fun and there are some incredibly talented people selling handmade goods…
Go check out these beautiful shops!…
Just 24 of my favorite swim suits for boys this year… see my faves for girls HERE
Feel free to add any suits that you LOVE!
1. Riis Swim Trunks, Appaman
2. Stella Cove “Really Loud” Drums Swim Trunks
3. Sailboats Swim Trunks, Stella Cove
4. WHERE’S WALDO SWIMWEAR MOOREA PRINT, Vilebrequin
5. Sand ‘N My Trunks’ Skulls Swim Trunks
6. Yellow Spot Swimpant, Mini Rodini
7. Gardner And The Gang Swimpant
8. RUSSELL Board Silly Photographic Boys Swimshort
9. Shark Swim Trunks
10. Quiksilver 2-7 Deputy Amphibians Stripe Boardshort
11. Lizard Swim Shorts
12. Striped Swim Trunks, Carters
13. Camera Swim Trunks
14. Mini Rodini Stripe Rope Swimpant
15. Marguro Bonemuda Boardshorts
16. Captain America Swim Trunks
17. LIONS Swim Trunks
18. Flamingo Swim Trunks
19. MC2 Saint Barth 7 Dwarfs Swim Trunk, JEAN 7 NANI
20. Tropical Print Bermuda Trunks
21. Hawaiian Print Swim Trunk
22. Molo Toy Car Swim Trunks
23. Billabong Toucation Board Shorts
24. Eagle Swim Trunk, Billabong
Just 27 of my absolute favorite swimsuits for little girls this summer. Obviously if price were not an object! How much are you willing to spend on a child’s suit? Where will you be purchasing your swimwear this summer?
1. Mini Rodini Brace Swimsuit, Blue
2. Mini Rodini Stripe Swimsuit
3. Soft Gallery – IDA Rollergirl Swimsuit
4. Molo Nika Hummingbird Swimsuit
5. Seafolly Summer Garden Swimsuit
6. Stella McCartney ‘Imogen’ One-Piece Swimsuit
7. Hula Star ‘Country Charm’ Swimsuit
8. Heart Print Swimsuit
9. Snorkel Kitty Swimsuit
10. Rosette Halter Swimsuit
11. Gardner & The Gang Swimsuit, Cool
12. Disney Ariel Suit
13. Bobo Choses Wow Swimsuit
14. Bobo Choses Sunshine Swimsuit
15. Bobo Choses Lips Swimsuit
16. Perfect Day Swimsuit, Stella Cove
17. Portia Butterfly Swimsuit, Stella Cove
18. Hummingbird Yellow Swimsuit Stella Cove
19. Popupshop Parrot Swimsuit
20. Popupshop Shark Swimsuit
21. Popupshop Tiger Swimsuit
22. Missie Munster Purr Swimsuit
23. Missie Munster Hidden Oasis Swimsuit
24. Missie Munster Shade Swimsuit
25. Trommpo Ice Swimsuit
26. Submarine Strawberry Swimsuit
27. Dolce & Gabbana Blue Rose & Wheel Print Swimsuit
If you are following along on Instagram, you’ve probably seen Harper wearing her Orange Feather Dress by Baobab. It is one of my new favorites this spring! The dress is super wearable… made from 100% soft organic cotton knit fabric and machine washable.
This morning I’m sharing a peak at the Spring/Summer ’14 Wren & James collection. I love cheerful colors, and especially the gingham! The collection feels perfectly vintage & yet somehow very modern at the same time. Wren & James has created very wearable pieces that are beautiful for family photos this summer or just a play date at the park.
Below, Harper is wearing the Gingham Pinafore:
I’ve had these two sleepsacks hanging in my son’s closet since before he was born and never really bothered using them until about two weeks ago. Now I’m totally hooked and am sort of kicking myself for not getting to them sooner since he’s shown signs of preferring to be arms free. I’m pretty much the worst swaddler and these sleepsacks (also known as wearable blankets) keep baby warm and ensure your baby won’t break out. Most babies are ready to transition into sleepsacks as early as 3 months. For boys, they look a bit like dresses, which also kind of cracks me up, but not to fret, they come in an array of designs and colors. Check out my favorites below.
How cool is the star one?
decor . styling . consulting
Last week I got a sneak peek at the new Dreamcatcher Collection by Taylor Joelle Designs. The colors are super fun/vibrant for spring, and the styles are perfect for Easter & Passover but also easy to wear for a casual Starbucks date with your little girl! Harper is wearing the Yellow Tutu Dress. It is super lightweight/comfy and she was running around the backyard with her brother in this dress after some quick pictures! P.S. MAJOR SALE RIGHT NOW: 35% off!
If you are not familiar with Taylor Joelle Designs, I must also HIGHLY recommend their Teething Necklaces. They are AMAZING! Check um’ out below:
Looking for affordable & cute clothes? Have a look at Fab Kids. I love the prices… complete outfits are just $29.95! & you’ll get handpicked outfit ideas after taking a short quiz about your child’s personality.
Rexy just got the Polka Dot shirt & Banana Print Chinos – super quirky outfit that really fits his personality!
Pretty much one of my FAVORITE new clothing brands! If you haven’t checked out Geo Fox Apparel, you are missing out. Their new collection will make you stop saying, “why aren’t there fun clothes for boys???”
& the Geo Fox collection is super cool for girls too! See Harper and Rex in the Rad Tee and the Slick & Slide Pleather Pant below. I pretty much LOVE that they can share this outfit!
I can’t help but be sooo fashion focused lately. There is so much great fashion for kids these days- so I feel the need to share. Kira Kids is one of my new faves for all the basic wearable clothing kids NEED!… tees, sweats, shorts, but also onesies, bibs & hats. As you can see in the graphic- they have sooo many cute prints. check out their website for a lot more…
The Ice Cream Dress is one of my favorites for Harper this summer! What is your favorite piece?
I’ve been working a lot with children’s fashion/brands this past fall/winter… especially on IG! I thought I’d share a few of my current faves for Harper:
Kawaii Cloud Baseball Tee, Whistle & Flute
Peach Funky Legs Tutu
Star Tights, Funky Legs
Normal Is Boring Cushion Cover, La Cerise sur le Gâteau
Heart Blanket, Spearmint LOVE
Dress, Zara Kids
Stella McCartney Kids Lily Girls Ankle Boot w/ Headress
Top, Bobo Choses, spring/summer ’13
The French Skirt, Leetle Chicken Shop
Does you daughter LOVE to dress her dolls up? Harper has a Bunny Rabbit that changes clothes at least 3 times/day!
Now, thanks to Lotty Dotty your little one can dress the doll on her t-shirt! Founded in the summer of 2009 in Paris, France, Lotty Dotty sells the unique paper doll T-shirt. Based on an idea by its founder, Lotty Dotty is sold in stores in Japan, Europe and the Middle East and uniquely on the website in the USA. Mini outfit collections change from season to season and are created by young designers worldwide.
Have you noticed this t-shirt trend…
LOTS of black & white edgy tees for the littles. What do you think of it? Have you purchased any of the tees above? Or any other favorite brands I’ve missed? Harper & Rex have the “Little Dude” & “Little Dudette” tees by Slyfox Threads. See a pic. below!
1. Little Dude, Slyfox Threads
2. Messy Hair Don’t Care, Quinn + Fox
3. Man Cub, Loved By Hannah & Eli
4. We Run This, Oopsy Daze
5. Lionel Lion Baseball Tee, IndieNook
6. Good Vibes, Geo Fox Apparel
7. Royal Highness, Finomenon Kids
8. Twilight Teepee, Rich Hippies
9. I’m a Wild One, Slyfox Threads
10. Kawaii Cloud, Whistle & Flute
11. be kind, Be Kind Movement
12. Wolf Baseball Tee, CampWolf
13. Superhero Mask Tee, Kira Kids
14. Hola Ladies, Prefresh
15. HammerTime, Passive Juice Hotel
- 3 things
- Art Project
- Baby Bump photos
- Baby Gear
- Baby Making by Becky
- Baby Names
- Baby Shower
- belly pictures
- Birth Announcements
- Birth plan
- birth stories
- Birthday Parties
- Blog Awards
- blog directory
- blog hop
- blogging tips
- car organizer
- Diaper Bags
- DIY Projects
- Family Vacation
- Featured Baby
- Featured Baby Shower
- Featured Blog
- Featured Design
- Featured DIY
- Featured Nursery
- Featured Photographer
- Food and Drink
- For Your Little Artist
- For Your Wee Ones
- foreign language
- Friday Favorites
- Frugal Finds
- Holiday Gift Guide 2012
- holiday picks
- Inspired by Print
- Inspired By Wallpaper
- labor and delivery
- Mama Fashion
- Mama Gear
- Maternity Photographer
- Mood Board
- Mother's Day
- My Favorite Baby Things
- Newborn Photos
- One Print Three Rooms
- Photo of the Day
- photoshop graphics
- postpartum weight loss
- potty training tips
- pregnancy announcement
- Pregnancy Stuff
- preschool & education
- Pretend Play
- Print on my Bulletin Board
- Product Review
- question from a reader
- things for my son
- Toddlers Say Funny Things
- Valentine's Day
- Vintage Finds
- Wall Art
- Wall Decals
- your weekend
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
We'd love to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com