Friday
November 2, 2012

Handmade Halloween: Cat Costume McCall M6383

I had a lot of fun making this cat costume for my daughter. Last year, I made her a bee costume along with a tulip head piece for my husband. The cat pattern is from McCall, M6383. Zhing from Little Project in Style gave me this last year, and I’m happy that I finally got to use it. I cut the smallest pattern. It turned out a little big for my daughter, but I think it’s supposed to fit not too tight to the body. I don’t know how this fabric I used is called; my mother got it for me for some other project I never had a chance to get to. I would not say it was the easiest fabric to work with because it’s thick and produces a lot of fuzz, but it’s very soft and warm. The lining is cotton polkadot fabric.

The sewing of this costume went pretty quick and smooth. I think it took about 3 hours in total. The pattern instructions were clear and easy to follow.

Unfortunately, she wasn’t all so thrilled with this cat costume. I don’t know what her problem was, but she hated to be put in it. I could not take any pictures of her smiling in this costume..

We went trick or treating. It was fun! She had her first lollipop, and it was funny to see her being confused because she did not know how to eat it. Once she found out how to eat it she was crazy about it..

Chie  {find me elsewhere: blogshopfacebooketsytwitter}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Categories: costumes
Posted by:

Add a Comment

* Required

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via Email

We'd love to hear from you! Please email us at spearmintbaby@gmail.com










GILT